After deciding to focus on the bath images I needed a theme to run through them. I have chosen to have 3 themes within those photos, these themes are meant to work as 3 different collections:
A winter collection.
A spring-summer collection
A autumn collection
For the winter collection I decided to use a couple of the more successful images from the original test shoot:
I felt that the blue filter gave the images a good feel to them. It made them quite cool, which is exactly the feel I want the viewer to experience when looking at the images. Winter scents tend to be quite clean and cool scents, as opposed to the warming scents of autumn or the fresh scents of spring and summer.
I haven’t done much editing to these images as the filter gave most of the impact. I have changed the curves a bit to get it to the correct exposure as it was challenging to get even with the flash and reflector however I didn’t have to use is much. I also cleaned up the image a bit from spots and mess on the model as some of the make up smeared as she was going in the water.
Based on this shoot I’ve decided to have the models wear a strapless top as I felt in this shoot that the shirt she was wearing was quite distracting, I have chosen images for this collection that didn’t show the shirt as much however I preferred that for the next shoots it won’t be a factor.
For the next couple of collections I did not use any filter. I chose different flowers for this one, I searched for the most vibrant colours I could find. The scents of spring and summer tend to be very fresh and floral and this is what I was attempting to show in the images. I chose roses and I’ve picked the most closed ones I could find as these won’t have any petals detaching from them. I also tried not to over crowd the tub in order to keep the water quite clean to fit with the freshness of the spring-summer time.
In the editing I enhanced each flower’s vibrance slightly individually, removed spots from the model’s face and dirt from the water, and again used curves to correct any problems with exposer I might have, however in this shoot as well as in the autumn shoot there was less to correct as I managed to get the exposure better this time, based on what I had learnt in the test shoot.
For the autumn collection I decided to use some leaves as well as flowers. I picked some autumn leaves up as well as used flowers with more autumnal colours, focusing on yellows, reds, and oranges, to match the falling leaves. I did not want as many bubbles done with these images because I wanted the flowers and leaves to speak for themselves. I also did not mind crowding the tub as I wanted to have a feel of a street during the autumn time, leaves fall everywhere and it is quite crowded and messy.
(Research image for the autumn collection)
For the editing I again fixed exposure with curves, and removed any spots or dirt. For these images I also used colour balance to give the images a slightly warmer tone, as many people see autumn as a “cosy” season, and that is the feeling I wanted the images to transmit.
All of the images are meant to work with a text layout that the potential companies could use if needed.
I feel that my images could be commercially successful as they are versatile and also my idea for them was to work as perfume adverts, they could be used for much more such as for flower ads, skin care, or even just on their own as a decorative purposed photo.